Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flu Update

Going on day 3 of the flu in the Lawrenson house. Brooke is still on a water/Gatorade diet. She ate 4 crackers yesterday but threw them all up within 30 mins. However I am confident that she will show dramatic improvement today. In fact I just saw her smile for the first time in 3 days!

Where I have spent 90% of my day.
Don't judge me-I know I look terrible; I am functioning on very little sleep.

After being sick for 2 months, Hubby finally went to the Dr yesterday! The Dr said that his throat looked terrible. Mr. Dlaw was like, "Tell me about it, I feel like there are razor blades in my throat." They tested for strep and it came back negative. The Dr ended up giving him some penicillin and nose spay. If this doesn't kick it, he will have to go back to do more tests. Let's hope the penicillin works. I am ready to have a healthy house!

Bless Lily's heart, she is a doll. I wonder if she somehow knows that Brooklyn needs most of my attention. She is just wonderful!
On a happy note, Hubby and I were able to watch Modern Family last night. Possibly the funniest and best show I have ever followed. Last night's episode was hilarious. It was nice to laugh!

2 comments:

  1. oh, Misty! I'm so sorry that B is sick. Hang in there. If you need any extra parenting wisdom, shower curtains are my best friend when we have a stomach bug in the house. I line the couch and the floor and then the bed and floor at bed time. I have the fabric ones, so they hold the yuck, but can be washed with less bulk than quilts or the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds,
    That is such a great idea! I will start stacking up on them when they are on sale. I know this isn't the last time we will see the stomach flu in the Lawrenson house.

    ReplyDelete